WA Poets Inc (WAPI) was set up in 2006 following the success of the inaugural WA Spring Poetry Festival in 2005.
WAPI is dedicated to the promotion, presentation and professional development of poets and poetry in Western Australia, and presenting WA poetry to local, national and global audiences.
WAPI has a strong commitment to promote poetry in new and innovative ways, to increase poetry audiences and to raise public awareness of the contemporary relevance of poetry. WAPI aims to strengthen and build relationships between local, national and global arts communities.
- Establish/co-ordinate an annual WA Poetry Festival.
- Raise awareness of WA poetry – at local, national and global levels.
- Facilitate multiple opportunities for WA poets to showcase their work to a broad audience.
- Elevate the profile of existing and new poetry events in WA.
- Encourage development and emergence of new poets and new poetry.
- Encourage public launches and sale of poetry books, CDs and DVDs.
- Establish a core for future collaborations and to document the current scene.
- Develop online networks.
- Enable ongoing platforms for professional, emerging and new poets to workshop and disseminate their work.
- To bring poetry to the public! And bring poets together!
PO Box 684
Inglewood WA 6932
Gary De Piazzi
Jan Napier (minutes)
Neil J Pattinson
Maggie Van Putten
Outline of WAPI Structure